Nottinghamshire Cricket Board provides the opportunity to say thank you to the volunteers who work tirelessly for cricket through their dedication and to recognise their achievements in cricket, through the annual Nottinghamshire Cricket Board OSCAs awards.
Through the Nottinghamshire and national awards we celebrate the work of our volunteers with the range of categories ensuring that there is one for each of them. The national OSCAs (Outstanding Service to Cricket Awards) are an ECB hosted event to which the winners from each county are invited to a high-profile awards ceremony at Lord's.
Awards are made in seven different categories to recognise the wide range of volunteers that support the voluntary game - the categories are:
- Officiating - umpires & scorers
- Behind the Scenes - those volunteers that your club just couldn't do without
- Building Partnerships - those who work to build partnerships with schools and the local community
- Leagues & Boards - the people administering the game, either an individual or a group
- Lifetime Achiever - an individual who has made an outstanding difference to cricket for a sustained period of time
- NatWest CricketForce - a volunteer or group of volunteers who have made an outstanding contribution to the event
- Young Volunteer - a volunteer aged between 16-25 years old who has made a positive effect or impact on their club, group or organisation
For more details of how to nominate someone, email firstname.lastname@example.org and you can download a copy of a promotional poster, information pack or application form to generate interest in your club or organisation. Nominations for this years awards should be submitted by Friday 11th April 2014.
You can find more details on the national OSCAs on the ECB website.
Clubs Warned About Potential Frauds 27/02/2015
Recreational cricket clubs warned about potential fraudulent activity in their bank accounts.... more
Nominations for OSCAs Now Open! 25/02/2015
It's time to recognise those who support the recreational game through volunteering.... more
John Williams 24/02/2015
Death of former treasurer of Nottinghamshire Cricket Association announced.... more